Difference between revisions of "Keyboard Shortcuts"
|(25 intermediate revisions by 14 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 04:44, 11 March 2011
Viewing Keyboard Shortcuts
Help → Keyboard Map displays the currently assigned keyboard shortcuts.
Changing Keyboard Shortcuts
To change your keyboard shortcuts go to Tools → Preferences → Keyboard. Next select the Type of shortcut (very similar to the pulldown menus), then select a Command you wish to change.
Recommended Keyboard Shortcuts to Add
Modifying the default keyboard shortcut keys allows you to take advantage of potential shortcuts that do not come as defaults in EditPlus. Below is a list of recommendations from users.
To allow easy switching of documents
- WindowPrev as Alt + Left Arrow (Ctrl+shift+Tab)
- WindowNext as Alt + Right Arrow (Ctrl+Tab)
Easily close current document
- FileClose as Ctrl + W
Easily switch the current file type
This lets you quickly set the syntax highlighting to use after pasting some text into a temporary document.
- DocChangeSyntax as Ctrl + Shift + T
- FileOpenRemote as Ctrl + Alt + O
- FileSaveRemote as Ctrl + Alt + S
- HTMLBreak (<br>) as Shift + Enter
- HTMLNbsp ( ) as Shift + Space
- HTMLParagraph (<p>) as Ctrl + Enter
Suggested Keyboard Shortcut Changes
Ctrl + D: inserting the current date is something I rarely use, so I have this key delete the current line instead
- Old command: EditDate
- New command: EditDeleteLine
F5: if you don't use the cliptext or directory windows you may want this key to reload the current document
- Old command: ViewToggleFocus
- New command: DocReload