Patch for the lastest release.
DATE: 2006-03-22 BUILD: 381
- On the FTP upload status, cancel button could cause program crash.
- Word wrap could be wrong when deleting text.
- Find and replace on column selection could cause program crash.
- 'Force displaying hidden files' FTP option caused problem with VMS servers.
- Keystroke recordings did not work with the Tabs to Spaces command.
- Adds 'Document'->'File Format Multiple' as a separate command.
- 'Warn if server doesn't respond in 10 sec.' option (FTP Settings).
- Some Hangul IME did not work correctly.
- sftp could not handle servers which send SSH_MSG_IGNORE packet.
- FTP did not work correctly with some Mac servers.
- Program could crash with some syntax files.
v2.30, currently a beta.
Beta releases are available for beta testers only.
They can be downloaded from http://www.editplus.com/beta/beta-en.html which is password protected.
To become a betatester and get a password, you must be a registered user of the current version and apply here: http://www.editplus.com/betainfo.html
See the Localization page for EditPlus translated into other languages.
What's New in Version 2.21
This version is a bug-fix release which incorporates the previous patch builds.
- 'Force displaying hidden files' option (FTP Settings).
- 'Show Mapped Drive Names' option (Directory Window popup menu).
- Sort button added on the FTP Settings dialog box.
- $(DirWin) 'Directory Window directory' argument macro added.
- $(FilePathNoDrv) File path without drive name argument macro added.
- Displays warning if existing copy is newer than saving file.
- Lock File option is now persistent.
- 'File Open dialog restores previous directory' option (Preferences->General).
- Toolbar buttons for Load/Close Project commands.
- Program would crash if text-to-speech software such as Narrator was running.
- If Recent Files list had invalid remote file name, program could crash.
- Program could crash with some sftp servers.
- Removing file type from Settings & syntax dialog could cause program crash.
- Split Lines command could cause program crash.
- Long FTP directory name could cause program crash.
- Customize Data/Time command could cause program crash.
- Trying to Save read-only Unicode file could cause program crash.
- Document Template in UTF-8 encoding could cause program crash.
- Find in Files could cause program crash with very large files.
- Save As could cause program crash if File Extensions option was empty.
- Change Case commands did not work correctly with non-ASCII characters.
- Keystroke recording did not work correctly with multi-byte characters.
- Tab to Spaces command did not work correctly with multi-byte characters.
- On the Spell Checker, Replace All button did not work correctly.
- Associate in Explorer option did not work correctly.
- Reformat did not work correctly with multi-byte characters.
- Printer font could not be changed.
- 'Settings & syntax'->'Column Markers'->'Show Markers' option did not work
- FTP could not list files of some directory names.
- FTP did not work on VMS servers.
- FTP file list was not correct with some AIX servers.
- 'More' button on Replace dialog box did not work correctly.
- Some argument macro did not work if there was no open file.
- Locked files were not detected as read-only.
- Fill Column command did not work correctly with horizontally scrolled text.
- Improved compatibility for some Chinese IME.
- $(FileDir) argument macro did not work with remote files.
- User tool did not work with some batch files.
- Some file with Big5 char set name could not be opened.
- Character Count command displays result as both Unicode and ANSI.
What's New in version 2.20
- Supports multiple languages in single Unicode or UTF-8 file.
- Experimental 'Use sftp' option (File->FTP->FTP Settings).
- Embedded script uses its own auto-completion.
- #AUTOCASE=y section added in stx file for automatic case correction.
- Allows auto-completion upon Enter key.
- #REGEX_QUOTE=/ section in perl.stx and js.stx for regular expression literals.
- Supports #HEREDOC=<<EOF section in the syntax file for heredoc strings.
- Syntax highlighting for Perl handles POD.
- Syntax highlighting for HTML handles <![CDATA[ tag.
- 'Create/Rename/Delete Directory' command on the Directory Window.
- 'Open Selection' command (File->Others)
- Increases number of column marker to 10.
- Displays FTP server name.on the Recent Files also.
- Holding Shift key with 'Replace All' button disables Undo feature.
- 'Backup file extension' option (Preferences->Files)
- 'Properties' command on the Directory Window popup menu.
- 'View in Browser' command on the Directory Window popup menu.
- 'Sort' option on the Function List dialog box
- -pr project_name command line option for selecting project.
- Toolbar buttons for Reload, Lock Files, Close All command.
- $(Copy) argument macro to copy selection before running user tool.
- $(Prompt) argument macro for user tool.
- Shows a delete confirmation when it is turned off with Recycle Bin.
- 'Text filter to Output Window' option (Preferences->User tools).
- Max. number of project increased to 70.
- 'Show Markers' option on the Set Column Marker dialog box.
- Resizable Open Remote dialog box.
- Code page option for new files (Preferences->Files).
- Upload command could cause error message on program exit.
- 'Copy Append' could cause program crash.
- New version crashed if the old version had the maximum 30 syntax settings.
- 'Always apply wrap' option caused program crash when printing selection.
- 'Leading Spaces to Tabs' command over a selection could crash program.
- 'Matching Brace' option could cause program crash in some cases.
- Overwrite prompt on the Save as Remote dialog box did not work in some cases.
- 'Duplicate Char' command did not work with variable-width fonts.
- Shortcut key for Directory popup menu could not be set.
- Align commands did not work in word wrap mode.
- Improved warning message for large files.
- 'Stop' command on the output window did not work in some cases.
- FTP file date was not displayed correctly in same cases.
- Perl syntax highlighting was not correct with $' and $" symbol.
- Regular expression '\n' did not work correctly in some cases.
- Regular expression [^] (not in range) did not work with case sensitive option.
- Firewall option did not work.
- Line Comment command sometimes did not work correctly in word wrap mode.
- Match Brace did not work with embedded script inside quotes.
- Toggling browser and editor with remote files did not work correctly.
- Keystroke recording did not support Find in Files command.
- Matching brace feature did not work correctly at the end of wrapped line.
- Syntax highlighting in some cases failed at the column 4097.
- FTP file list was not correct on some AIX FTP servers.
- Matching Brace feature did not work correctly in some cases.
- 'Delete Marked Lines' command did not work correctly in word wrap mode.
- Change Case commands on column selection could append trailing spaces.
- A screen update problem fixed with custom active line color.