Version notes (unofficial)
- EditPlus 3 only works on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista, and loses compatibility with Windows 95, 98, and ME. If you have an old Windows system, you can't upgrade to EditPlus 3.
- EditPlus 3 saves files differently than EditPlus 2: Now it opens the file and overwrites it, which means saved files are no longer moved to the end of the file list in the folder by Windows.
For installation on computers that do not have EditPlus version 2 installed:
1. Run the executable installer, selecting the directories in which INI (settings) and syntax (STX) files should be installed. (Auto-complete (ACP) and cliptext (CTX) files will go in the same directory as syntax files.)
For Installation on computers that have EditPlus version 2 installed:
1. Do not uninstall version 2. Versions 2 and 3 can co-exist on the same computer.
2. Install version 3 as described above.
3. Copy any non-standard syntax, auto-complete, and cliptext files from the version 2 installation to the location chosen for version 3.
4. Optionally, uninstall version 2 after confirming that version 3 works as desired.
None, at the moment.
Patches can be downloaded from EditPlus Patches page
Extract the files contained inside the ZIP compressed patch file into the EditPlus installation directory.
None at the moment.
Beta releases are available to beta testers only.
They can be downloaded from http://www.editplus.com/beta/beta-en.html which is password protected.
To become a betatester and get a password, you must be a registered user of the current version and apply here: http://www.editplus.com/betainfo.html
See the Localization page for EditPlus translated into other languages.
What's New in Version 3.10
- Visual Style for toolbar background
- 'Exclude' option added on the Find in Files.
- 'Cache directory content' added on the FTP Settings dialog box.
- 'Find Window' command (Window menu).
- 'Next/Prev Function' commands (Search menu).
- Supports align of column selection.
- Allows decimal point for 'auto save interval'.
- Document Selector setting for max/min number of rows ('Preferences'->'Layout').
- 'Close Others' command added to the Document Selector.
- Resizable project dialog box.
- 'Show project name on the title bar' option ('Project'->'Edit Project').
- 'No Recent File list' option ('Preferences'->'Files').
- 'Invert Markers' command ('Search'->'Markers').
- 'Reload All' command ('File'->'Others').
- 'Check the Latin alphabet only' spell checker option.
- 'Stop at the end of file' option for the 'Playback Multiple' command.
- 'Stay open' option on the Function List dialog box.
- 'Next/Prev Document Row' command ('Window'->'Others').
- 'Always binary type for gif, jpg, png files' option (Upload dialog box).
- 'Remove Line' command (Output Window).
- 'Remove Leading Spaces' command ('Edit'->'Format').
- 'Close if found' option (Find dialog box).
- 'Cliptext Item 1 - 10' commands ('Edit'->'Cliptext').
- 'Enable Auto Run Groups' option ('Tools'->'User Tool Groups').
- FTP did not work if username contains '@' sign.
- 'Open With' from Explorer could fail in some cases.
- sftp could cause stack overflow crash.
- '(' letter in the remote file name could cause program crash.
- Code Folding feature could significantly slow down the file loading.
- Recent Files list had duplicated lists for remote files.
- 'Rename' could fail if file did not appear on the Directory Window.
- 'Begin/End Column' did not work correctly with horizontal scroll.
- 'Tabs to Spaces' conflicted with the code folding feature.
- Some sftp site could cause program crash.
What's New in Version 3.01
This is a bug patch release which accumulates previous bug patch files.
- The default encoding of open file follows system language instead of keyboard language.
- User tool setting could not handle more than 500 characters.
- Increases max number of projects to 500.
- 'New' command on the Cliptext Window did not work.
- Default encoding setting did not apply to new document.
- Upward Regular expression replace did not work correctly.
- 'Cut Marked Lines' did not work correctly with selected text.
- -n command-line option did not work with existing instance.
- Browser menu could temporarily cause program freeze.
- Regular expression '.' could cause program crash.
- Supports RSA signature algorithm for sftp.
- Fixes a keyboard input bug with Korean special characters.
- Supports 'Auto Run' user tool groups.
- 'Color' and 'Table' button did not work correctly on secondary monitor.
- 'Hide output' option for the user tool setting.
- Supports file type based on the first line of file.
- 'Keyboard Map' did not display the correct result.
- Replace in column selection could cause program crash.
- Opening a file from project could cause program crash if the file does not exist.
What's New in Version 3.00
- Improved Unicode compatibility.
- 'Enable visual style for toolbars' option ('Preferences'->'Tools').
- 'Match Tag'/'Select Tag' command ('Search' menu).
- Allows drag and drop for the Document Selector tabs.
- Automatically adjusts the number of rows on the Document Selector.
- 'Restore cursor/markers/encoding of recent files' option ('Preferences'->'General').
- Automatically adds file extension if the file type has only one extension.
- 'Rename' command ('File'->'Others').
- 'Current project' option in the Find in Files dialog box.
- 'An additional file name (allows * and ?)' option ('Preferences'->'Settings & syntax'->'More').
- Supports secondary function pattern option.
- 'Toggle Folding' command ('View'->'Code Folding').
- 'Add Dir' button on the 'Preferences'->'Project'.
- Supports 'Sort' button on the Window List.
- Supports 'Copy Name' button on the Window List.
- Function Pattern dialog box supports 'Partial display' option.
- 'Previous' button instead of Up/Down on the Find dialog box.
- $(AppDir) argument macro added.
- Supports font option for the Document Selector.
- Supports auto save as *.tmp file for unnamed buffers.
- 'Up'/'Down' button on the Window List supports multiple selections.
- Duplicate Line command supports multi-line selection.
- 'Open Selection' command supports multi-line selection.
- Native support for tilt wheel on Vista.
- Supports horizontal scroll by SHIFT + mouse wheel.
- -wd command line option for specifying directory to save the workspace.
- 'Transparent' command ('Window'->'Others').
- 'Remove from Project' command ('Project'->'Manage Project').
- Supports 'Up'/'Down' button on the 'Preferences'->'Settings & syntax' dialog box.
- 'Copy URL' command ('Edit'->'Clipboard' menu).
- 'User tool group' option on the 'Preferences'->'Project' dialog box.
- 'Move Up/Down' command ('Edit'->'Others').
- 'Change File Encoding'/'File Encoding Multiple' commands ('Document'->'File Encoding').
- Displays current project name on the title bar.
- 'Next/Prev Project' command ('Project'->'Manage Project').
- Allows CHMOD on multiple files.
- 'Allow Drag & Drop' option ('Edit'->'Others').
- New toolbar buttons: Find Next/Prev Word, Toggle Folding, Sum, Last Visited, Character Count.
- FTP status of 100% could cause program crash.
- Some sftp servers could cause program freeze.
- Regular expression in Find in Files dialog box could cause program crash.
- 'Save wrapped lines with CR/LF' option could corrupt file.
- Replace All could incorrectly hide folded lines.
- 'Subdirectory' FTP setting did not work correctly on VMS servers.
- '$' regular expression did not work correctly.
- Search Document command could omit some words.
- Improved Vista UAC compatibility.
- 'Sum' command could not handle minus value.
- Fixes display error when selecting by word.
- Fixes a screen update bug with auto completion in word wrap mode.
- Extending column selection with 'Shift + click' didn't work.
- 'Decrease Indent' command did not work correctly with column selections.
- 'Create File' did not work on disconnected FTP server.
- Suppresses auto completion in C/C++ preprocessor directives.
- Keystroke recording could not handle the Insert key.
- Highlighted matching braces could not be restored when changing focus.
- Replace dialog box with regex did not work upward.
- Suppresses combo box auto completion when pasting.
- 'Use EditPlus in Internet Explorer' didn't work as expected in Vista.
- Reset button on the 'Preferences'->'Toolbar' did not work correctly.
- Fixes a bug with the Korean input method editor.