WinSCP is an open source freeware SFTP client for Windows using SSH. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
Though EditPlus does not support SFTP file transfer natively, you can configure WinSCP to use EditPlus as an external editor to edit your remote files securely.
- Download WinSCP from here
- Install and Launch WinSCP
- Check "Advanced Options" in the lower left
- Select "Preferences" in the pane on the left
- Press the "Preferences..." button on the lower right
- Select Editor in the pane on the left
- Choose "External Editor" and enter the path to EditPlus, e.g. "C:\Program Files\EditPlus 2\editplus.exe" !.!
- Check "External editor opens multiple files in one window (process)"